On April 3rd, 2019, Spaugh Dameron Tenny hosted its inaugural Financial Wellness event, called Financial Vital Signs for Surgeons and Spouses.
Spaugh Dameron Tenny hosted clients, partners, and friends at the Capital Towers in the South Park area of Charlotte. The evening included a panel of distinguished Charlotte leaders who addressed the convergence of financial wellness and leadership in the medical industry.
The conversation touched on the financial burdens that Surgeons face and physician burnout, a hot topic in the medical community. Dr. Sanjiv Lakhia, a Spaugh Dameron Tenny client, expressed what the title of the event Financial Vital Signs meant to him by saying, “The three major financial vital signs of physicians are ones’ budget, debt (which can come in many forms or could help with wealth creation), and goals.”
The Spaugh Dameron Tenny Financial Planners often get questions from physician clients about the five key topics that the panelists touched on during their discussion.
Five Key Financial Wellness Discussion Topics
(1) Taxes- As your income grows taxes become more complex.
(2) Surgery Centers– Decisions around surgery centers and practice buy-ins.
(3) Education Costs– As your family grows, so do the costs of education for your children.
(4) Moonlighting– Dealing with outside income opportunities.
(5) Stress– Financial organization as life gets busy
The panel of local Charlotte professionals:
The Charlotte Financial Planning firm chose to include panelists who are experts in different spaces of the medical community. Shane Tenny, CFP® and partner with Spaugh Dameron Tenny moderated the discussion. Below you can learn more about each of the panelists and what they contributed to the conversation by clicking or tapping their names and photos.
- Sanjiv S. Lakhia, DO of Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates. Dr. Lakhia is passionate about the financial, mental, and physical well being of fellow physicians.
- John Dameron, Partner of Spaugh Dameron Tenny, LLC. John has two decades of experience helping physicians with their personal finances.
- Tom Loeblein, President/CEO of Healthcare Management Consultants. Tom has over 26 years of experience in healthcare consulting for physicians and dentists.
The Importance of Articulating Your Goals
You may not realize it, but you have already been making financial decisions all along. It is important to articulate your short-term and long-term goals, so you don’t look back in few years and wish you had made a plan sooner.
Specializing in the financial planning needs of physicians and dentists, our goal at Spaugh Dameron Tenny is to help you make smart financial decisions that will ultimately help you achieve your goals. We firmly believe in the value our in-depth services can provide, as annual financial planning allows you the opportunity to formally review your goals, make any updates (if needed) and evaluate your progress along the way.
Whether you are in residency, practice or retirement, we invite you to explore our services. Contact us today at (704)-557-9750 to learn more about how we can help you.
Click the button below to learn more about Spaugh Dameron Tenny’s 7th annual Whitewater Center River Jam Social on May 23rd:
More From Spaugh Dameron Tenny…
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: